Saturday, November 15, 2008

Clarification

I have been told by my blog ambassador that my audience might be confused since many of you are reading the entries on your phones and don't see the pictures. Therefore, no, I'm not dating a Moroccan. The post about the Moroccan boyfriend was a gag with a picture of me next to a mini camel. Without the picture, it's not funny in the least.

Frankly, I think Morocco has only made me run more the opposite direction of men. I may be looking to date women by the time I get home. It's funny how we complain back home that we can't find a guy to commit and yet here, men are so desperate to marry (especially a white woman) that to actually date someone here, I fear, would be inviting disaster.

I've kind of recently been hearing from other travelers that Morocco is supposed to be one of the worst for male attention- worse than India even. I knew it would be challenging and I had heard tales of such but hadn't heard it was worse than India. So on one hand, that's a relief to know it will only get easier after Morocco but on the other hand, it makes me roll my eyes at myself: "yep, that's about right- Tamara choosing one of the most difficult countries to travel in as a woman, right off the bat."

In any case, the donkeys and camels are much more chill.