Saturday, March 21, 2009

Little news

Finally found really charming apartment in the medina for a shockingly-cheap price, lots of light and space and in a great cartie or neighborhood close to everything important. It's less than half the price of the apartment I had before, is nicer and in a better spot. So I guess the waiting paid off. 

I feel much better already and glad to give Hassan and his little brother their space again. The funny thing about the new place is that it's definitely got “old lady” décor, having been fixed up by my landlady, Hadja Fatima, a sweet-as-pie, tiny little lady, probably 70 or 80 years old with giant glasses as thick as a windowpane. The apartment is filled with lots of hot pink plastic flowers and even one giant orange plastic tree or bush (?) and old vintage porcelain vases (also filled with plastic flowers). 

But decor aside, I am excited to have a big sunny salon for working and as much as I enjoyed heating water on the stove every morning for a warm shower, it's kind of nice to have a "normal" shower again.  

And now I have an adopted granny as well!