As my journey comes to an end in the next week and I recuperate in Colorado, I will have an enormous amount of reflecting to do. While I'm now just in the mind-set of getting through the next few days (because I am exhausted), I know that inspiration isn't too far off and I will be sharing my thoughts and passions about my year of travel.
A fellow traveler recently laughed at me after I commented on how tired I am, saying that my friends and family back home weren't going to be too sympathetic to me needing a vacation from taking a year off. ha
I answered, "Well, it's not like I went to the Bahamas or Hawaii for a year. I went to 'difficult' countries because I went to learn about myself, to learn about a culture so vastly different from mine, and because I wanted to push myself in an unusual way." So funny as it may be, yes, I will be recuperating in Colorado for about 3 weeks with my mom and sister before I fly back home to Portland, OR to begin my quest for a JOB (oh god!) and start recreating my space in my community again.
More to come soon...