Monday, August 25, 2008

Au revoir, Portland!

T-minus-zero. Just a quick note to acknowledge the day of departure.

I'm at PDX waiting to board my flight for a stop-over in Colorado to see mom before I continue onto Morocco next Tuesday.

I've already had a few "OMG" moments regarding my luggage and realizing that I am, for the Nth time, going to have to downsize and unload some things on mom when I get there- like the super protective laptop case that I knew was heavy but I am realizing I don't think I can carry for 10 months. It's been a hard balance of trying to keep the weight down but also bringing a small recording setup which needs solid protection to last. Anyhow, glad to have a few extra days in the US to figure this &*^% out and have a little transition before the next step.

My last day in Portland was memorable. Had a few emotional moments saying goodbye to my sweet little house (played my piano there one last time) then spent the night at a friend's and had a bit of a slumber party with two dear girl friends. It was very strange to drive away from my house with my tenant there...

So I'm sure mom will be fattening me up in the next few days and spoiling me as usual. I won't mind. More to come... ;)