Once again, I'm passing through Marrakech on my way to another Atlas mountain village down a different road (which requires going back to Marrakech- I would skip the city if I could).
I just had an amazing 6 days up in the mountains in the central area of the Atlas. I did a three day walk across the range, walking East and going over two mountain passes. For two of the days, I hired a mule and a muleteer to take me through the sketchiest part. That was an experience of which I will write much more later. I took a billion pictures. It was just incredible and left me speechless.
It was just me, Dumbo the donkey (I named him that because he was a bit dense, even for a donkey) and Hassan, his owner, the muleteer. I had my doubts about going off into the hills with a donkey and a strange man but it was splendid. Hassan was great. I would love to write more but I am itching to get to Telouet today and it's already noon. Maybe I will write more from there. It's supposed to be gorgeous as well.
After Telouet, I am headed to the Todra Gorge and on to the Sahara desert.
Wishing you all well, sending love and hugs. I don't have any new recordings yet, am focusing more on travel right now but hoping to get some recordings of Berber music at some point.
Love,
Tamara