Ah, I'm back in Marrakech and am recovering from quite a month traveling all around Morocco. I'm frankly ready to be in one place for awhile.
I have a bunch of blog entries ready- now I just need to figure out the format that will work on these computers. There are so many stories to tell from this past month...
A quick note to say WHOOOO HOOO for Obama. I'm sorry to miss all the celebrating back home but I can tell you, people here are also very thrilled. I instantly feel more safe traveling overseas now.
More from me soon- I've got to hit a hammam today and steam the last of a cold out of my system, then I have a phone appointment with the son of the Gnawa master here in Marrakech as we're setting up a meeting for tomorrow!
In short, other than being a little sick and exhausted from traveling, I'm doing well. I saw so many amazing things (and some difficult things, too) this past month... I think I'm still digesting it all.
I also think I'm still processing the fact that I am where I am. Every now and then it will just hit me, like the other day:
"Holy crap. I'm in the back of a four-wheelin' minibus, sitting on sacks of sheep feed and fertlizer, bumping and bouncing through the Atlas mountains of Morocco as these four little old men stare at me with some mixture of horror and curiosity, like they have just seen a camel use a pay phone...."
and boy do I have a pile of email to catch up on!
Love to you all!
Tamara