It's been interesting in my search for therapy that so many people here have the same problem; it's probably the humidity and cold air and the constant change of temperature. At least I knew during the worst parts of this that it wasn't just me.
I can't express how relieved I am to be getting back to normal (no comments, please). It's not necessarily a bad thing in life when we're reminded of the simple pleasures like walking (and to be grateful for simple things like that!) but, for one, I've missed being out and about and experiencing all of the random magic of Essaouira. Saturday night, I went to Ma'alem Seddik's house for the first time in over three weeks.
And for example, today, I was at the internet cafe and a man struck up a conversation with me about my computer which led to talking about music which led to discovering that he is the son of the great Ma'alem Paco who started Nass El Ghiwane, one of the most famous Moroccan bands of all time. Wow... that's Essaouira for ya.
Now I'm hoping to ease out of "four wheel drive" gear into maybe second or third, getting back on the road to livin'.